“A picture is worth a thousand words”
But finding the perfect picture that manifests the personality of the owner can be an overwhelming task. When choosing wall art for a room, whether it is the bedroom, hallway, or home office, it is important to consider the color contrast, character, and the spirit of the space.
To guide you in choosing THE PERFECT wall artwork for your blank walls, we have collected some professional tips and tricks below. Your home can have everything from classic vintage artworks to modern personalized touch in no time.
- Hallway: Hallways and entrance spaces are often ignored when it comes to home decor. As a place for arrival and departure, it sets the tone of the entire house. So it needs to make a statement and be welcoming to the guests.
But, hallway walls are a bit tricky to decorate. Since this space, especially in city houses tend to be narrow and long, the walls are the only feature for decoration.
- The large pieces do not catch the attention due to restrictions in overall viewing space.
- Hence, we recommend small art pieces with lots of details. Small eclectic art grouping will create better visual interest than one large piece. With proper lighting accessories, the hallway will instantly brighten up.
KEY POINTS :
- Use several small wall arts.
- Proper lighting is required.
- Living Room: Living and drawing rooms tend to have the largest available space in the house. Because of that, they have endless possibilities and give the scope to experiment with creativity. Hence, do not forget to embrace its styling potential.
- Create a gallery wall considering varying subjects such as landscape, architecture, still life, abstract art, etc. Also, don’t forget to vary the medium - water, canvas, poster, digital, collage, photography - in different types of frames. Mixing is the key here. Every piece should have equal importance.
- The area above the seating space can excellently accommodate a large single frame. Go bold with a pop of color and the theme of the painting. High-quality handmade art pieces elevate the wall art decor to a new level.
KEY POINTS :
- Create a gallery wall
- Mix and match is the key
- Bedroom: The bedroom is your private space. A sanctuary where you relax and recharge. Hence the artworks for this space should reflect the same. In other words, cozy vibes only.
- We suggest staying away from energetic patterns and hues in this place. Keep it simple, calm, and peaceful.
- It is the best place where you display art pieces with an emotional bond. Portraits of loved ones and pets on the wall evoke nothing but comfort.
- Soothing colors and mild patterns are a great choice, with gentle landscape art being the traditional option.
- Choose relaxing art pieces.
- Match with the color and theme of your bedsheet, curtain, and wall color.
- Use personalized decor.
- Dining Room: The dining room is the heart of a home - the social place that brings people together. A gathering of family and food, so the artwork must render the feel of warm comfort.
- Go wild with loud colors and bright patterns.
- Oversized canvas, bold artworks, and a mix & match of the different mediums make the space the jewel box of the home.
- Pieces should be a conversation starter, such as 3D art, something handmade, elaborate, whimsical, and with a great frame.
- Pick conversation starters
- Go bold
- Kitchen: Got a really small kitchen space?
Do not worry! We got you.
Find something that complements the accessories you have already installed like tiles, lighting, appliances, etc. While shopping for kitchen accessories, one must approach practically.
- The kitchen is where you will be cooking. So stay away from glass-framed wall arts that will get greasy.
- We recommend smaller art pieces so that the space is easy and breezy.
- Whimsical and colorful quirky patterns go very well with the small space.
- Food-themed canvas painting can never go wrong with the setting.
- Be practical about the mess
- Use quirky patterns
- Go for small frames
- Bathroom: Since the pandemic has broken out, from home office to kid’s homeschooling, there is hardly a me-space. But, the apparent utilitarian space in the home, the bathroom can come to the rescue. For that, bathrooms need to be aesthetically pleasing and upgraded with some great decor pieces.
- The guest bathroom should be more fun and welcoming, while the personal bathroom needs to be adorned with an intimate and personalized touch. Something that evokes a calm and relaxing vibe.
- For the guest bathroom, a single canvas fits perfectly well over the toilet space. Abstract art or quirky, bold patterns are usually preferred.
- Personalized canvases in pair with brighter and lighter color palettes tend to look best in private bathrooms.
- Use different themes for the guest and personal one
- Home Office: Like many areas of the home, the theme of home office decor is ‘Personalized’. You will have better productivity when the space is tailored to motivate, inspire and interest you. At the same time, the particular area visible to the viewers during the video meeting has to be de-personalized and appealing.
- This is a place to display inspirational pieces. Place customized favorite quotes on the wall.
- Because work can be stressful, opting for images that can bring a calm and relaxing atmosphere can be beneficial. Nature-themed canvas art and outdoor art keep the space fresh.
- Large black and white photographs are an excellent choice for the space. They look appealing and formal at the same time.
- Use personalized decor
- Create a calm space
- Keep the space tidy and fresh
Art is an opportunity for self-expression. They can have so much meaning and sentiments. From a personalized decor theme to a handmade vintage vibe, here at turoch.com, we have curated artworks for every home, every blank spot you want to embellish. Our handmade products are unique, intricate, and original idea crafted by skilled artisans.
Let us help at firstname.lastname@example.org